Pages

Monday, January 2, 2012

I'm back! Did you miss me?

After being away from the blogger world for awhile now, i've decided it was time for me to get back into the swing of things. So one of my New Years goals this year, was to revamp my blogspot page and attempt to post at least once a week. Not guarenteeing anything, but at least this post is a start!

It's been quite awhile since my last post (wow, last post was in 2009), and since then a lot of things have happened. I'm not going to list everything ( i realize you have a life too), but a few of the highlights would be:




  • I am currently working as a freelance photographer, photographing everything from newborns to weddings. This has been quite a learning process (and i'm still at the beginning) but i'm really enjoying it :)



  • We have been actively looking to purchase our first home! Not sure if we will have to wait until the end of summer before we are able to purchase, but none the less i am currently creating new projects that will some day help create our new house into our home.


  • My husband Troy and I celebrated our 10year wedding anniversary in May of 2011! Our kids are growing constantly before our eyes. Zaine turned 8 in October, Dylan (our little girl), will be 7 in March and Jackson our youngest, turned 4 in September. I can't imagine life without any of them! They really do complete me :)


Well now that you're pretty much caught up, i thought i would leave you with one more thing :) One of my newest obssessions is a website called Pinterest.com. If you haven't heard of it before, i'm sure you will soon! One of my other New Years goals is to cross an item off my Pinterest bucket list each week (whether it's creating a project, trying out a new recipe or simply doing a fun new activity with the kids that i've found on Pinterest)



Until i've incorporated my own little Pinterest savings (extra envelope for those who are familiar with the Dave Ramsey Finacial Peace University system), i'm trying to create things/plan activities that are either free, using items i already have, or under $5. So this week my goal is to create this floor mat that i found on Pinterest:




http://pinterest.com/pin/204984220509074482/
I'm using old work tshirts of Troy's that he no longer wears that are still in decent condition. Last night i started cutting a few into strips while watching Fraiser on Netflix (have i mentioned my love for Netflix before?) I'm planning on cutting up some more strips tonight and then plan to attach them to a mesh grid either tonight or tomorrow (if i can find a grid when i'm out this afternoon). This is a great project that should cost around $2 or $3 that i can work on when i'm relaxing just watching tv or a movie.


Although i know this won't turn out as cute as it would if i was cutting up white bath towels, but i'm sure it will still turn out cute! And i'll be sure to post some pictures within the next few days.


Until then, thanks for checking out my newest blog post :)






Melody :)

Pin It
Pin It!

No comments: