Pages

Tuesday, January 10, 2012

I Love my "LOVE" banner!

(click on images to enlarge)
I recently posted on Facebook that Pinterest.com has given me an unhealthy love for wooden pallets, burlap, mason jars & rosettes. After reading my posts, a friend (and former co-worker) whom i haven't seen in years generously mailed me a box filled with burlap and other beautiful remnants of fabric! I was thrilled to say the least!

After thanking her profusely, I quickly decided i needed to go back over to Pinterest and see what all i could make with my new Burlap. After spending way too much time online (Pinterest is known to do that to people), i found four ideas that i knew I'd like to try right away:



  • a burlap table runner

  • burlap place mats

  • a burlap wreath

  • a burlap LOVE banner

Today i created my very own LOVE banner, based on this picture below.



I didn't have any of the beautiful white ribbon, so i went ahead and used some of my red holiday ribbon i had originally used to wrap up my children's Christmas presents.

I love the simplicity of it! And the fact that I can remove each pennant and change the saying for future holidays/events is an added bonus.

Thanks again Shannon for the burlap and other fabrics! I'll be sure to put them to good use.


Here is a list of materials i used:



  • Burlap (cut into pennant sized pieces)

  • ribbon for the ends

  • foam letters to stamp ( i recommend using cheap foam stamps for this project)

  • white acrylic paint

  • twine

  • a standard stapler

*Tip* I attached the pennants by folding over the top edge and stapling the twine in between the top pieces. By doing this i can easily slide the pennants on and off making it easy to change up my banner!



And as promised, here are a few pictures of my T Shirt rug (still in progress). As you can see this will project will probably take some time. I suppose I'll just have to spend more nights watching movies or listening to music so that i can get this finished by the end of the month.

Thanks for stopping by :)

Melody

Pin It!

No comments: