Pages

Friday, January 20, 2012

Command Hooks... How did I ever live without you?



Within the last few months, I have found several different uses for those little 3M Command hooks you can find at Walmart & Target.





My original plan was to purchase a set, so I could hang up a chalkboard I made from a metal square I found at Hobby Lobby & chalkboard spray paint. I wanted to hang one up on the front door, that I could write little Christmas/winter sayings on throughout the season.



Very simple (which is the way I tend to like things), but pretty. It looked very nice at the center of our door with all of our Christmas cards from friends around it.


Since I had purchased a package of 4 hooks (with 8 adhesive strips), I now had 3 hooks left to put up somewhere. I had been wanting some kind of wall hooks for my kids to hang their own coats up on for quite some time now(something at their level). But I wasn't to thrilled about having it right at the front door for everyone to see (I like things to be as clean/simple as possible). So I had the idea to put the 3 hooks on the inside of our front closet door. This ended up working out perfectly! The three hooks are just inside the door (which makes me happy), right at their height level so they are now able to hang up their own coats!! And since the hooks are put up using the adhesive strips, there was no damage to the door (which is a good thing since we live in an apt) and when we are ready to move they will come right down without leaving any residue! This was the perfect solution for our coat problem, and I have to say it has been working perfectly!


So now I've used all the hooks in my package, but I still have 4 extra adhesive strips left over.. no problem! Thanks to Pinterest.com, I've had no problem coming up with a few ideas on how to use them. Using a wooden magazine holder (or I suppose you could use a sturdy plastic one), and 2 Command adhesive strips I was able to create a spot under my bathroom sink (just inside the door) to put all my daily hair tools (blow dryer, straightener, brushes). This was a great solution for me, mainly because I loathe cords strung all over the place!

Using the last 2 adhesive strips & two empty plastic peanut containers (thanks to my hubby), I came up with a quick and easy storage solution for our new silverware. We were able to pick up some nice new silverware the day after Thanksgiving at a great price. But due to our space limitations in our apartment, I was having a hard time finding a somewhere to put them. Since these will be our "nice dinner, special occasion, holiday" silverware (not everyday), they didn't need to be in a drawer. Just somewhere accessible for when I did need it. So going along with the "inside the door" phase I'm currently going through. I decided to put it in one of our lower kitchen cabinets. I put these up quickly (so I could show you a picture) and I still need to put up the third one that hold the knifes, but here it is so you can get the idea. I still need to remove the original labels from the containers, and I'm thinking about adding a small chalkboard oval onto the front of them (using a stencil and chalkboard paint).



Again, nothing spectacular but very helpful for my everyday life!


So there you have it, a few helpful organizational ideas using 3M Command Hooks.
Thanks for stopping by!


Melody
Pin It!

No comments: